When things don’t work out, God was probably working and literally “business blocked” you so that you stay on the right path. Alignment will not only create better flow for serendipitous moments in life and business, but also creates sustainability.Read More
So you’re looking for somewhere to take this stranger that you’re kind of interested in. In today’s world, I believe they are still called "dates". Here are my top three date locations in the city.
1) I strongly believe in coffee dates because they are the undate-iest of the date world. White Swan Coffee Lab is my go to for this grey area. I know coffee seems kind of too informal, but what makes this place great is that they also host live music on various evenings. So it’s a great way to be invested in getting to know each other without too much pressure. The acts are super diverse so you’ll most likely be experiencing a “first” together to set the tone of the blossoming relationship. Oh, and you won’t be wasted drunk during your first date. The best part about the venue is if you end up with someone uber boring, David, the gregarious owner, will totally join the conversation and make up for whoever is lacking. He’s got stories for days. Also, the bathroom is really close to the door if you have to sneak out.
2) Someone made great conversation, has a job and is ACTUALLY completely single. They’ve texted/called. They get DATE TWO. A good place for this is Sauced. While known for being a little more upscale, the bar and patio make it a great place to feel fancy, but you can wear whatever you want. The service is always amazing, so this gives an even playing field for judging what amount they tip. We all know that’s the best way to judge people. If you now discover that they think mustard is more suitable for ketchup than fries (soulmate answer always barbeque sauce), just grab the check. Once they’ve walked you to your car and you see them drive off, sneak into Mo’s House across the street to have a drink and possibly pick up a new prospect.
3) For the lucky person who has made it to DATE THREE, we in the big league now hunnny! Arazu on Main is, in my humble opinion, the sexiest place to have a date in the city. The low lighting, the exotic food, the decor... All of it adds up to “oh hey, I’m diggin’ you”. It’s located right on Main Street, which is even better to finish off with a walk around the block.
Tell me your favorite date spots, I may just add to the list!
For an eventful 58 years Barbie has been on the scene. The most notable year being when Beyonce dressed up as her for Halloween. Constantly a woman of evolution, Barbie needs to be celebrated for blazing a trail.
Love her or hate her, Barbie has been a force to be reckoned with.
Although many people like to whine and criticize about certain aspects of the Barbie legacy, I see and want to give props where props are due. There is a lot to be learned from the empire. I believe we could learn a few VERY valuable lessons from this woman (company) of action!
1. Never follow the crowd, always set the trend.
Barbie has always been ahead of the pack. Seriously, who remembers trying to squeezing pants up on their barbies? She was rocking skinny jeans before they were even a “thing”. Before it was socially acceptable for a woman to do anything besides be a housewife, Barbie was out working! Don’t wait for someone to tell you something is “IN”. Set your own path!
2. You can do and be whatever you want.
Speaking of working, master re-inventor, Barbie doesn’t ask anybody permission she just does it. From doctor, to astronaut, to veterinarian, Barbie has over 150 careers under her belt. She defied gender roles, while driving a pink Corvette. Not only does she choose her own occupations, Barbie has also represented over 45 nationalities. If there is something you want, go after it!
3. Use your voice.
Ok, so technically Barbie doesn’t have a voice. But, Barbie has used her influence to raise awareness and funds for numerous organizations. Use your platform for whatever it is you want to share with the world.
My only qualms... She could have been black sooner and had different sizes.
Agree or Disagree?